Announced July 20th at the 41st International Rally in Salem, Oregon.
F800GT - 6653 - Jack Ramskill, 46927 - Attica, OH
K1600GT – 5732 - Frank Pons, 125900 - McMinville, OR
S1000RR – 0819 - Chris Biegler, 147208 - Calgary, AB
G650GS Sertao – 4590 - David Stech, 81773 - Alamagordo, NM
R1200RT, 2897 - Kevin Sullivan, 119303 - Yaphank, NY
F800GS – 3531 - Lawrence Osolkowski, 164843 - North Tonawanda, NY
K1300S – 0284 - Cyle Keltner, 188908 - New Lisbon, WI
R1200R – 4432 - Gene Ray, 113731 - Kansas City, KS
C650GT – 2381 - Thomas Overbey, 66594 - Fayetteville, AR
R1200GS Adventure – 2586 - Butch Blodgett, 189130 - Seatac, WA
F800R – 5552 - Ron Kimble, 115494 - Panama City, FL
Custom R1200GS – 4945 - Shane Yanagisawa, Seattle, WA
Bonus A - ticket 6346, Paul Vegas of Folsom, LA. Member # 10976
Bonus B - ticket 2307, Trenton Bishop of Suffolk, VA, Member # 101216.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR WINNERS!
Scroll down for Official Rules
Every Superstakes ticket will be eligible for 11 regular drawings for new BMW motorcycles and a grand prize drawing for a one-of-a-kind, custom R1200GS, built by Pandora’s European Motorsports.
The Bonus Drawings
We’ve added additional drawings for 2013 to keep the “Super” in Superstakes. Every Superstakes ticket will be eligible for a bonus drawing. Superstakes ticket buyers will choose either the “Build Your Own Bike” bonus drawing or the “New Member Twin” bonus drawing for another chance to win new BMW motorcycles.
The “Build Your Own Bike” bonus drawing will allow the winner to pick any model in the current BMW lineup and $5,000 of gear and accessories for a completely custom ride. Pick any bike. Pick your accessories and ride the bike you have always wanted. Want a R1200GS Adventure? Perfect. How about a K1600GTL? Go for it. Any bike, any accessory. It‘s your option.
Got a buddy who isn’t a member? This is your chance to make a friend for life and win a new BMW motorcycle for both of you with the “New Member Twin” bonus drawing. Every ticket buyer who chooses the New Member Twin bonus will receive a free BMW MOA membership to give to a friend. Register for the new membership and both of you will be entered for a chance to win matching F800GS motorcycles. If you believe in karma, the New Member Twin bonus is for you! Bring a new member to the MOA family and win a new BMW motorcycle for each of you. That is quite a welcome gift!
Tickets on Sale April 1 through June 30
Superstakes tickets will be on sale beginning April 1 and orders must be received by June 30 to be eligible for the drawings. Winning numbers will be drawn July 20, 2013. Ticket sales will be limited to 10,000 tickets to keep the odds of winning strong! Superstakes tickets can be purchased online at bmwmoa.org or by returning the order blank from this issue of the BMW Owners News
It is called the Superstakes for a reason. Every Superstakes ticket gives the buyer a chance to win in 12 separate raffle drawings. Pick your bonus drawing or enter early for a chance to win the early bird drawing. It is the largest BMW motorcycle giveaway in history, with over $250,000 in prizes. It’s all for BMW MOA members! Buy your tickets online!
THE SUPERSTAKES FAQ:
When can I buy Superstakes tickets?
Tickets are available for purchase between April 1, 2013 and June 30, 2013. Any orders for Superstakes tickets must be RECEIVED by these dates.
How do I get a Superstakes ticket?
Tickets can be purchased on the website at www.bmwmoa.org/superstakes or by calling 636-394-7277. Order blanks will also be available through the BMW Owners News with a return mailing address.
Do I get a ticket automatically with my new membership or renewal?
No. Tickets are only available for purchase through the Superstakes page, on the official order blank or by calling the BMW MOA office at 636-394-7277.
Does the Superstakes ticket include my rally entry fee?
The rally entry fee was included as a special for the 40th anniversary of the MOA. For 2013, the rally entry fee component has been replaced by the bonus drawings for additional motorcycles.
Are you going to send me an actual ticket?
No. United States Postal Service regulations prohibit mailing lottery or raffle tickets. We will mail you a receipt along with your claim number(s) and keep the original order on file at the BMW MOA office.
How many tickets can I purchase?
You may purchase as many tickets as you like, however, total ticket sales will be limited to 10,000 to increase the odds of winning.
I purchased a Superstakes ticket and I have not received anything in return. How can I check on my purchase?
Please allow 2 – 3 weeks to process your order. If you have not received confirmation in that time frame OR the closing date is approaching, please call the BMW MOA office at 636-394-7277 and the BMW MOA staff will be glad to assist you.
Can I purchase tickets online?
Yes. You can purchase tickets online at www.bmwmoa.org/superstakes.
Can I sell my ticket to someone else?
No. The tickets are not transferrable.
How much are the tickets?
Single tickets are $100 each.
Can I get three tickets for the price of two or a discount on multiple tickets?
Tickets are $100 each and there are no discounts for multiple tickets, however, you can purchase as many tickets as you like.
My neighbor got a ticket numbered lower than mine and I mailed my order in two weeks before him?
The ticket numbers are non sequential and of no importance other than as an identifier for the winning ticket. All tickets have an equal chance of winning.
Do I have to choose between Bonus Drawing A or B when I purchase my ticket?
Yes, you will need to specify which bonus drawing you prefer. If a choice is not indicated on the order blank, buyers will automatically be entered in Bonus Drawing A - “Choose Any New BMW Motorcycle and $5,000 in Accessories” drawing.
I want to be in Bonus Drawing B and receive a free membership for a friend. How does that work?
Along with your receipt and ticket number, you will receive a membership form for the free membership to give to a friend. Have the person complete the form and mail it back to the MOA to receive their free membership.
What are the prizes this year?
The prize pool for the 2013 Superstakes is as follows:
Early Bird Drawing for tickets purchased by May 1, 2013 – R1200GS. That drawing will be MAY 11.
12 Regular Drawings
4. G650GS Sertao
10. R1200GS Adventure
12. Grand Prize – Custom R1200GS
Each ticket purchase will be eligible for ONE of the bonus drawings. Buyers must specify at the time of purchase Drawing A or B
1. Bonus Drawing A – Choose any new BMW Motorcycle and add $5,000 in accessories.
2. Bonus Drawing B – Win a pair of F800GS motorcycles – one for you and one for a friend.
How many prizes are available?
14 prizes will be awarded from 14 drawings. Superstakes tickets purchased prior to May 1, 2013 will qualify for a bonus drawing for a 2013 R1200GS to be drawn May 11, 2013 for a total of 15 prizes.
Can I win more than one prize?
Yes. Every ticket number is included in every drawing. All tickets numbers have an equal chance of winning. You can also purchase multiple tickets for better odds of winning.
What are the odds for winning?
Actual odds depend on the number of tickets purchased and the number of individuals, but minimum odds of winning any prize are 1 in 10,000. The more tickets you purchase, the better your odds of winning.
When will the winners be announced?
Prize winners will be announced July 20, 2013 at the 41st Annual BMW MOA International Rally in Salem, Oregon. Results will simultaneously be posted at www.bmwmoa.org.
Do I have to be present to win?
No, the winner will be contacted by phone, email or registered mail within 14 days of the drawing.
If I win the motorcycle, are you going to ship it to me?
No, the winner is responsible for all delivery costs and arrangements.
Is the first service (or any service) included as part of the prize for the motorcycle?
No. Maintenance costs will be the responsibility of the winner.
I don’t live in the United States. Will the winning motorcycle be legal in my country?
All motorcycles will be US specification models. You should check with your local governing body to determine if that model can be imported into your country.
I can’t import a US specification motorcycle into my country. Are you going to buy me a motorcycle that meets my country requirements?
No. The motorcycle prizes awarded in the Superstakes are US specification motorcycles.
I don’t want the motorcycle or any of the other prizes. Is there a cash option?
No, but it would be nice if you donated your prize to a worthy charity such as the BMW MOA Foundation.
I don’t like the paint scheme on the bike. Can I order a different color?
Unfortunately, the prize package is a specific motorcycle and the color cannot be changed.
Am I going to pay taxes on the prize?
Yes, any federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
How much are the taxes on the prize?
Taxes depend on the prize won and your geographical location. You should contact a local tax professional for a specific amount of your tax liability.
Are you sending tax forms at the end of the year?
Yes, you will receive the appropriate tax forms.
I have other questions. Who should I contact?
You can speak with any of the BMW MOA staff by calling 636-394-7277 or email your questions to email@example.com.
1. Superstakes ticket sales begin April 1, 2013 and end June 30, 2013.
2. All ticket orders must be RECEIVED by the BMW MOA staff on or before June 30, 2013.
3. Superstakes tickets may be ordered online at www.bmwmoa.org, by calling 636-394-7277 or by mailing the Superstakes order blank posted in the BMW Owners News.
4. Complete prize list is available online at www.bmwmmoa.org and as listed in the April 2013 issue of the BMW Owners News.
5. TICKET HOLDER NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN – ALL PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED.
6. Only 10,000 tickets will be sold. Tickets are numbered 0000 to 9999.
7. Multiple ticket purchases by a single buyer are permissible.
8. You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a ticket.
9. Any number can win more than one prize. Odds of winning depend on final number of tickets sold.
10. All winning numbers will be drawn randomly and winners will be announced Saturday, July 20, 2013 at the 41st Annual BMW MOA International Rally in Salem, Oregon.
11. Complete winners list will be posted on www.bmwmoa.org.
12. Winners claiming their prize must present PHOTO IDENTIFICATION.
13. All winners must claim prizes by August 30, 2013 or forfeit prize.
14. Winners are subject to all applicable taxes. Consult your local tax professional for exact tax liability.
15. Vehicle winners will be responsible for any documentation, registration and titling fees required by the delivering dealer or their state licensing agency or agencies.
16. The BMW MOA Foundation reserves the right to replace, substitute or exchange any of the prizes listed with a similar prize of equal or greater value.
17. BMW MOA Foundation Board members, BMW MOA employees, contractors and their immediate families are ineligible to win. Immediate family is defined as legal or common law spouse and dependent children.
18. The BMW MOA, BMW MOA Foundation, Pandora’s European Motorsports and any other sponsors, their officers, directors, employees, volunteers, or any person or organization affiliated with BMW MOA Foundation will not assume any liability for any loss, injury, claim or otherwise resulting from any prize obtained through the sale of a ticket. By submitting an order for a Superstakes ticket and receiving a drawing number, the buyer acknowledges this limitation of liability and assumes any liability and will hold harmless the BMW MOA Foundation or any affiliate for any liability resulting from the purchase of this ticket or any prize resulting therefrom.