You’ve ridden the wilds of western Pennsylvania. The hoots and hollers of Arkansas and Missouri. Bigfoot’s haunts in Oregon. Now try your hand at an adventure poker run across the land with all the lakes—big, beautiful Minnesota. The GS Giant is a week-long adventure event that you can ride all or any part of. Most ride it for fun, but there is an element of competition.
One big week, one big winner
To win, you’ll need to do five big things throughout the week of the BMW MOA 2014 Rally, with each one earning you a card for your poker hand. The winning hand wins a huge prize.
It all gets going on the GS Gypsy Tours, where you’ll be dealt the first card.
Gypsy Tours will start in:
• Sault Ste. Marie, MI, and ride across the UP or Lake Superior’s North Shore
• International Falls, MN, and ride on the Trans MN Adventure Trail
• Southwest Wisconsin, and ride on the Trans WI Adventure Trail
• Somewhere in the Dakotas, if there’s enough interest
Each ride starts with a meetup on Sunday, July 20, with all rides coming together on Tuesday, July 22, in the St. Croix State Forest northeast of the Rally. We’ll party that night and pound ground the next day, riding on excellent adventure roads down to the rally.
OK, there will be lots of winners
Well, not everyone has an entire week to ride, and some folks live close to the rally. So you can add cards to your hand in these ways, too:
• Show up early in the St. Croix State Forest; there’s a ton of riding there.
• Post in social media as you ride on your own adventure.
• Do a big ride around Minnesota and visit some very big points of interest.
• Take a day ride at the track (we’ll have a women-only version).
• Take some training with the BMW Performance Center.
• Ride on the Adventure Track, practice or compete, or both.
As you ride in any or all of the above, you get a card for your poker hand. If you pick up more than five cards, you improve your chances by choosing the best cards for your hand. The GS Giant for 2014 will be the rider who rode in the track competition and had the best hand. There will be a separate award going to the best riders on the track.
So, are you completely confused yet? What is this event about, you ask? Please re-read the article! Then join the discussion on-line at www.gsgiant.com and follow The GS Giant on Facebook to learn more.
Here’s what happens: http://youtu.be/zFG3tBHir6Q
What would you like to win? Post about The GS Giant on the Facebook pages of your favorite brands!