The Rally Site Selection Process
The BMW MOA Rally Site Search Team has the responsibility of identifying and reviewing potential future BMW MOA Rally sites.
Team members include Gray Buckley - CO, Don Faichney - Canada, Karol Patzer - MN, Ian Schmeisser - GA, Dave Swisher - VA, Chuck Manley - IL, and Jackie Hughes - WA.
Who besides the Team can suggest a possible site? Anyone! The 2007 Rally site was suggested by an Ambassador. A fellow club member suggested the Bloomsburg, PA site. Sometimes BMW MOA is contacted directly by the area Convention and Visitors Bureau or Chamber of Commerce.
Once a site is identified the review process begins...does it meet our basic requirements?
1) Site size 100 acres or larger.
2) Adequate grass camping area of about 50 acres.
3) Indoor air conditioned vendor area consisting of 50,000 square feet or more.
4) Wireless Internet service for vendors and Cyber Cafe.
5) Adequate toilets and showers.
6) 2500 motel/hotel rooms within a 30 mile radius of the rally grounds.
7) Exclusive BMW MOA Beer Garden.
8) RV Parking - 100 spaces minimum.
9) Paved area of at least 200 feet by 300 feet (on or off rally grounds) to teach Rider Performance University Rider Courses.
10) Grandstand or Arena seating for at least 3500 for the Closing Ceremonies.
11) Off Road area (on or off rally grounds) for GS training.
12) Six or more air conditioned areas of various size for holding seminars.
13) Unpaved area on or off site for GS Giant event and off pavement rider training.
When it's determined a site meets our basic requirements a site visit is scheduled with two or more members of the Team. Then the site is reviewed by the entire Team. If the site is approved, a recommendation is sent to the BMW MOA Events Committee for Board approval.
Beginning in 2013 we started a new four Zone rotation schedule of the United States will be implemented as follows:
2013 Zone 1
2014 Zone 3
2015 Zone 2
2016 Zone 4
For further information on the Rally Site Selection process or if you have a site suggestion please contact Jackie Hughes at email@example.com or call 509-928-3261.